I bought an Axis 2100 camera off the bay the other day, it didn’t have a power supply but was very cheap so I took a gamble with it. I bought an AD-121AD generic power adaptor from the bay too, 12V 1A but the connector was wrong, so I snipped of the end and ran it straight into the I/O block on pins 1&2.
The camera worked, but it was really foggy, I cleaned the lens with a cloth that I got free with a smart phone screen cover a while back but it was still pretty bad. I decided to take it apart and found the internal sensor cover had some sort of residue on the inside, possibly from some previous exposure to moisture.
Here’s what to do:
- Remove the 3 screws holding the external case together.
- Remove the front circuit board from the main board, it simply pulls apart.
- Undo the 2 screws holding the sensor cover in place. (Circled in red)
- Clean the filter with a cloth, being careful not to touch it with your fingers.
- Pop it all back together.
- View in clarity.
This guide could have been more detailed I supposed, but there really is very little to it. Take apart, clean, put back together.