When changing printers recently I noticed when testing that users would receive the following message:
This was a bit of a pain so I set about looking to remove this via Group Policy.
The option I settle on was documented here, but basically involved adding the following settings:
- Create a new GPO
- Navigate to Computer Configuration, Policies, Administrative Templates, Printers, Point and Print Restrictions and set it to Enabled.
Then change the following settings:
- Users can only point and print to these servers > Unticked (Disabled)
- Users can only point and print to machines in their forest > Enabled
- When installing drivers for a new connection > Do not show warning or elevation prompt
- When updating drivers for an existing connection > Do not show warning or elevation prompt
You now shouldn’t see the warning message.