TeamViewer Trial Expired

8 Jan

I had been using TeamViewer to remote into a couple of machines at home, but for one reason or another, one box stopped letting me in because it thought i was using it commercially.

I did a re-install but that didn’t help. I then found a few guides which suggested removing the information from the registry and the %appdata% folders but this didn’t work either.

The fix that did work was to change the MAC address of the network adaptor and then reboot. After I re-installed it I was back on the Free personal edition.

Some network adaptors seem to let you change the MAC from within device manager, but if you can’t then the registry works just as well.

Create the String entry “NetworkAddress” under:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002bE10318}

Enter the new MAC address in there and reboot. A quick ipconfig /all should then show the new MAC address.